ARTICLES by Michael:
Click on PDF for automatic download.
Relic Hunting Team Announces Major Discovery From
The “Lost Confederate Treasure” in North Georgia.
• In the summer of 2020, as pandemic lockdowns shut down business and confined people to their homes, a group of historical researchers and relic hunters formed a team out of sheer boredom. Not knowing one another other than through social media and their love of history, Michael Karpovage, Kaaren Tramonte, Julia Preast, and Lee Dowdy decided to go after the most enduring legend
in American history: the famed gold wagon train robbery of 1865. What they found is historic.....
Published articles based on backstory research of each novel
• The backstory of CROWN OF SERPENTS (2009) involves the tragic scouting mission of Freemason American Lieutenant Thomas Boyd at the end of the Sullivan Expedition of 1779. He was taken prisoner and granted protection from his enemy Chief Joseph Brant - also a Freemason. But another enemy Freemason, British Colonel John Butler, gave Boyd up to the Indians who carried out one of the most heinous torture deaths ever recorded in American military history. Was it a deliberate act of Masonic betrayal? Download "Betrayed by a Mason? The Tragic Mission of Lieutenant Thomas Boyd" and decide for yourself.
• The core of the plot of MAP OF THIEVES (2014) revolves around a treasure hunt. The article below gets to the heart of why we are so attracted to finding treasure—the allure, the thrill, the excitement, the adventure—with several case studies of important treasure discoveries. The article also covers fraud, theft, and major crimes throughout history involving treasure. Download the PDF article and see if you can resist "The Allure of Finding Treasure."
INTERVIEWS with Michael:
• Chris Carosa of The State of Greater Western New York Report interviews me about a 1779 scouting mission that goes horribly wrong – full details of the Thomas Boyd story. March 9, 2023.
• The guys of Combat Radio Network interview me about CROWN OF SERPENTS in November 2010 after the release of the book. Two Part interview on YouTube